The Cure Starts Now and Graeter’s team up once again this September for their annual Cones for the Cure campaign. The campaign will take place September 8-18 at participating Cincinnati, Dayton, Cleveland, Chicago, Columbus, Indianapolis, Lexington, Louisville and Pittsburgh Graeter’s locations to help spread the word about The Cure Starts Now and its mission to find the homerun cure for cancer by focusing on pediatric brain cancer.
As part of their continued support for The Cure Starts Now, Graeter’s will be giving away free scoops of Elena’s Blueberry Pie ice cream (available at all locations except Lexington, Louisville and Indianapolis) to customers two times during the campaign period During Cones for the Cure, guests that visit a Graeter’s store during the campaign period have the opportunity to donate a $1 or $5 “Cone for the Cure.” Graeter’s will also offer a $20 savings booklet for every donation of $5 or more to The Cure Starts Now.
There’s so much excitement surrounding this event:
There will be FREE ice cream days! WHAT? Yep! and there will be a photo contest (rules are below)
How do you keep informed about all of these things? Like Cones for the Cure on Facebook, and keep an eye on my Facebook and Twitter accounts for quick updates as well.
In 2015, Cones for the Cure raised nearly $100,000 in two weeks. Let’s help them surpass this number this year.
Photo contest rules:
1. Like the “Cones for the Cure” Facebook page and upload a picture of yourself posing with your Graeter’s ice cream to the Facebook page between 9/8/16 – 9/18/16 (pictures of questionable nature will not be eligible for the contest). You can also tweet your photos and share them on Instagram.
2. All photos must use #conesforthecure to be considered.
3. Pictures are the property of The Cure Starts Now and all sponsors and may be reproduced or used without permission or payment of any kind.
4. Have fun! The more entertaining you are the better chance you have of being mentioned on air by our media sponsors.
5. The top 5 photos will be selected by WLWT and 96 Rock by 9/19/16 for final voting by followers of “Cones for the Cure” Facebook site. The picture with the most “likes” wins. The grand prize winner will receive a Party Pack of ice cream courtesy of Graeter’s. The winner will be announced on 10/1/16 on the Cones for the Cure Facebook page.
Contest open to all individuals 18 years of age or older with a valid Ohio, Kentucky, Illinois,
Indiana or Pennsylvania driver’s license. Employees of The Cure Starts Now and Graeter’s Manufacturing Company as well as their affiliated entities, affiliated advertising agencies and participating sponsors/promotional partners and the members of their immediate families are ineligible to participate or win. One winner will receive prize of a Graeter’s Ultimate Party Pack valued at $49.95 + tax. For a full list of contest rules, please visit www.conesforthecure.org.